The holidays are a time of giving and that means not only giving a gift but giving back to the community. Public Consulting Group (PCG) is passionate about making a difference across the public sector and is committed to helping those in the Fire and Emergency Medical Service’s (EMS) community who put their lives at risk every day to save lives in the communities they serve.
We wanted to share these 12 first responder-specific charities to consider donating to during the holiday season. To show your support and honor those first responders who were injured or gave their lives while serving our communities, and to continue to support their families, please consider donating to one of the charities below.
Originally posted on www.ems1.com
Nov 22, 2021
Author: Sarah Calams
- National Fallen Firefighters Foundation. You can give as little as $5 to the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation to help support families coping with the loss of a fallen firefighter. Instead of #GivingTuesday, the NFFF uses #FireHeroTuesday for the Tuesday after Thanksgiving. Donate here.
- First Responders Children’s Foundation. The foundation works with families across the country, including police, fire, Forest Service, Border Patrol, EMS and all other forms of responders. They help provide college scholarships to children whose first responders’ parents have either died in the line of duty or have become permanently disabled due to their line of work. Donate here.
- Stephen Siller Tunnel to Towers Foundation
The foundation, named after firefighter Stephen Siller, who died on 9/11, helps ease the financial burden of fallen responders’ families by paying off their mortgages or creating trust accounts. All donations go directly to fund this initiative. Donate here.
- Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation
Through donations, the foundation helps provide much-needed equipment and resources to first responder and public safety organizations. In 2020, they’ve been able to give 406 sets of bunker gear, 81 thermal imaging cameras, 442 AEDs, 60 extrication tools, 11 all-terrain vehicles and 20 rescue boats. Donate here.
- The Leary Firefighters Foundation
The foundation helps provide funding and resources to fire departments in order to obtain equipment, technology and training. Donate here.
- National EMS Memorial Foundation
The purpose of the foundation is to establish a permanent EMS memorial in D.C. to honor, recognize and remember the commitment, service and sacrifices of EMS personnel who have died in the line of duty. Donate here.
- NAEMT Foundation
The foundation’s mission is to better the future of EMS by supporting outreach programs, providing information about EMS careers to young adults, funding EMS-related scholarships and supporting evidence-based EMS research. Donate here.
- Firefighters and EMS Foundation
The foundation helps provide fire and EMS personnel with free medical and legal support services, a member line of duty death benefit and scholarship programs, and it funds safety-related initiatives.
- Responder Rescue
Responder Rescue helps provide both emotional and financial assistance to any first responders who have been injured, become ill or suffered a traumatic event. Donate here.
- National Volunteer Fire Council
A donation to the NVFC will help support legislative efforts, innovative programs, tools and resources to our nation’s volunteer fire and EMS departments. Donate here.
- Code Green Campaign
The Code Green Campaign is a first responder oriented mental health advocacy and education organization. Donate here.
- The National EMS Museum
The National EMS Museum memorializes and commemorates the history of EMS with a library and archives, as well as a traveling museum, which makes appearances at conferences throughout the country. The Museum supports the development of public exhibitions, educational curricula and first responder wellness.